We are looking to fund up to short term scientific missions (STSM) to develop linkages and scientific collaborations between institutions, which contribute to the objectives of LivAGE.
STSM actions aim to enhance the existing networks and foster collaboration by allowing scientists to visit an institution in another COST Country participating in the CA16106 Action. STSM should contribute to the scientific objectives of the COST Action. Applications of young researchers are especially encouraged.
The application for STSM is open continuously throughout the second Grant Period (May 2018 – April 2019). You must use the e-COST application https://eservices.cost.eu/stsm. The STSM committee will evaluate the received proposals every two months according to the following dates:
- 30th June 2018
- 31st August 2018
- 31st October 2018
- 31st December 2018
- 28th February 2019
From 5 working days to 3 months.
For Early Career Investigators (ECI) a period from 3 to 6 months can be accepted, if approved by the MC.
STSM applicant should be a postgraduate student or postdoctoral fellow or be employed by or officially affiliated to an institution or legal entity (Home institution) from a country participating in the COST ACTION. ECI applications will be prioritized in each evaluation period.
A STSM may only be approved from a Home institution in a COST participating country to a Host institution in another COST participating country. Financial support will be LivAGE – “Ammonia and Greenhouse Gas emissions from animal production buildings” COST Action CA16106 established in each specific call following the general COST regulations (see Chapter 7 – Short Term Scientific Missions).
Note: The payment of the grant will be executed after STSM has been finished and approved.
The proposed financial contribution is up to the maximum values established by COST:
- STSM (from 5 to 90 days) will be financed with up to EUR 160 per day and a total of EUR 2500.
- Early career investigators (ECI), from 91 to 180 days, will be financed with up to EUR 3500.
- Participants from ITC countries can request a 50% pre-payment at the moment they start the STSM*.
Please remember that STSM Grants do not necessarily cover all expenses related to performing a given mission. The Grant is a contribution to the overall travel, accommodation and meal expenses of the Grantee.
*ITC Countries are: Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Estonia, Croatia, Hungary, Lithuania, Latvia, Luxembourg, Malta, Montenegro, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovenia, Slovakia, the former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia, Republic of Serbia and Turkey
The Applicant should:
- Obtain the agreement of the host institution, before submitting his/her application;
- Use the on-line registration tool to register his/her request for an STSM (see https://e‐services.cost.eu/stsm);
- After registration, download the formal STSM application and complete it with supporting documentation (CV, full work plan, list of publications, motivation letter, letter of support from the home institute);
- Send the application by e-mail as attachment to the Action STSM Coordinator: Sonya Ivanova (firstname.lastname@example.org) and LivAGE secretariat: Emilia Alegria (email@example.com).
Further details: Chapter 6 of COST Vademecum (Part 1) – Short Term Scientific Missions (see: http://www.cost.eu/participate/networking) For more information, please contact Sonia Ivanova (firstname.lastname@example.org).